MAGIC FROM AFRICA • THE SHEA
In the category • WHAT IS WHAT • we share with you the fascinating story of all the ingredients we use in our products. Not only because we think that it's important to let you know what you are going to use on your skin but, also, because of the fascinating background stories we'd love to share with you.
Let's talk about the Shea Butter first, as we use it in our Raspberry Zinc Sunpaste and Shea Deodorant Cream too. Did you know that it comes from West Africa, because that's the only region in the world where the Karite tree grows?
Naturally, wherever it is possible, we prefer fair trade and organic products. Therefore, our Shea Butter is organic, 100 percent pure, unrefined and raw. The nuts are collected, crushed, roasted, ground and whipped by women as a traditional social activity. The extraction of the butter is quite amazing, watch it here.
Especially, because our beautiful and gorgeous african Sisters' energies are flowing into the butter during the whole process. Isn't it fabulous...?
The magical properties of the Shea Butter are quite well-know, but let us underline the most remarkable ones:
• full of all-natural vitamin A and vitamin E
• aids numerous skin conditions such as blemishes and wrinkles, stretch mark prevention during pregnancy, muscle fatigue, dermatitis, and radiation treatments for certain medical problems
• extremely moisturizing and very hydrating, when applied to the skin; it provides immediate softness and smoothness
• provides anti-aging properties; it helps tissue cell regeneration and boosts collagen production
• relieves sunburn; its moisturizing qualities penetrates deep into the skin
It is not a question, why we decided to blend it into our Raspberry Zinc Sunpaste, isn't it?